The precursor of the Institute was founded in 1951 under the name “Department of Levering Machines”, which transformed in 1956 into the “Department of Transport Machines”. The education of logistics has started from the 1980s and in 1992, the department changed its name for the “Department of Materials Handling and Logistics”. In 2013, the department transformed into an institute under the name „Institute of Logistics”. Today, the Institute conducts its main education activities in the field of logistics at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Informatics, moreover at the Faculty of Economics. It is an important educational and research center in the field of logistics, both in Hungary and abroad.